Wednesday 5 January 2011

EVALUATION: In what ways does my music magazine use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of existing music magazines ?


 As the genre that I chose for my music magazine to be was urban I mainly used and developed ideas and conventions of the magazine Vibe as I had already looked into this magazine quite a bit in my Masthead research and this is a very successful and well known urban music magazine. When creating my front cover for my magazine I looked at Vibe magazine for alot of my inspiration and use different features on the front cover of Vibe mags on my own front cover, especially the layout, positioning and font choices. Vibe front covers are very varied and different with every magazine issue. I mainly focussed on this magazine cover. I really liked this one because it had Keyshia Cole on the front who is one of my favourite musicians.

I also chose a 2 colour colour scheme. I liked the read from Vibe so i chose that however decided to use black as the other colour as I felt llike it went well with my photograph and gives my mag more of an urban and street look to it. I made names of artists in big also because it wil capture my reader attention if they see the name of their favourite artists on the front of the mag.

On this particular Vibe front cover the number is written in a huge font, about the size of the masthead. I used this also in my magazine. I also shaped the text around the number as done in Vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment